country club fraud....

Hi Guys,
Hyderabadhi ban gayaa ullooo !!!
I have been into this fraud as a new R2i with josh.
I visited Big bazaar and my wife filled up some coupons while getting out of the store.
There was a call later that she won three gifts and should be visiting country club, Secunderabad for picking up the gifts. Only couple has to come.
I remembered time shares kind of thing but had full confidence that I will not get into trap.
When I went there, it was professional welcome in Country club and there was lot of naatak and they tried to sell country club vacations for a package.
I and my wife really forgot about this kind of scams at that moment but were concentrating on our vacations across India and bought into trap of taking a package of 1.60lacs.
Thought was that atleast we need not bother for hotel accomodation whereever we go as it is COUNTRY CLUB privileged accomodation.
Then started whole saga of collecting package amount right then n there.
Their hurridness sent some waves in my mind but still Ulloo tho banaa hai aur US se ayaa tho Rupess started looking less before Dollars...
They were asking for international credit cards and all. I paid 50000rs thru debit card and said rest of the amount later in a day.
They have accepted reluctantly and soon the service rep is behind us to our home to collect in the same evening.
Then slowly realised something is wrong here. Came home and quickly googled for country vacations and found hundreds of stories of this scam. This is going on forever since so many years and no one is reporting to any news channels as this is daylight weekend robbery all the time. Didnt used my brain to use my mobile to browse through at the venue as they were not allowing to use mobiles. (Kind of crap rule)
Since I used my debit card for 50000rs payment, bank rejected my dispute of charge back I lost 50000rs Such a great fool of 12yrs US experience I am !!!

So this post is for all R2iers, please beware of getting calls for gifts and I do not want this to happen for any of our bros.
I a m finding ways to report to Tv9 channel for busting out this scam....

This is my first bitter R2i experience and I am not ashamed to share this as this should not happen to others...

Please post if anyother things need to be aware like this in India which will be help ful for fellow R2iers

No comments:

Post a Comment